I’ve been getting a lot of emails lately asking me what my next Minis will be. I’ve been saying for a while that I will be hosting Disney Minis in Walt Disney World, but I realize social media doesn’t reach all of you, so I wanted to share on my blog. I’ve created both a short and long version so that you have all the information need 🙂
- Minis at Disney’s Magic Kingdom on Saturday, September 7 and Sunday, September 8
- Investment of $200 for up to a family of 4 (Entire amount due to book)
- Shoot includes 45 minute shoot, all best high high-resolution retouched images (approx. 30-40 images) delivered digitally and 1 – 8×10 metallic print of your choice
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book
- No characters
- Park entrance and accommodations not included in price
The minis will be held on Saturday, September 7 and Sunday, September 8.
There are several reasons why I decided on this weekend.
- This is value season. Hotels, food (yes, the food rates change depending on the season) and dining plans are all less expensive during this time.
- I realize this is right after “back to school”, but that’s precisely why I choose it. I use to be an annual pass holder so I know that after labor day weekend, the parks are relatively empty.
- Even though September is still super warm, with less people in the park, the heat will be more tolerable. Walking through packed parks all sweaty, bumping into people isn’t the most ideal scenario for picture taking.
- Beginning of October start my Halloween Minis.
It wouldn’t be Disney without Cinderella’s castle so of course this was the first location I thought of, Disney’s Magic Kingdom. There’s something so magical about that castle, don’t you agree?
I will further discuss where in the park the pictures will be taken, but for now keep in mind, the shots of the castle will be from the non-traditional angles. There are a few reasons why we may not be able to take frontals.
- You technically can’t interrupt the Disney photographers or move any one out of the way (trust me, I called their PR department to make sure what the do’s and don’ts are). As you know, the main street entrance is typically swamped with people, carts and balloons. So to avoid the hustle and bustle, we’ll get more creative with our shots.
- A little bit further in this note I will discuss what you can expect with regards to editing, but for now know big crowds will always be around the castle because of parades, shows and well pictures at all times.
Even though these will be considered “minis,” they will be longer in time. Each shoot will be 45 minutes long to take walking time into account. I don’t want to rush anyone with their shots since I know they traveled far for them, so I think 45 minutes is a fair amount of time per shoot. However, even though we don’t want to travel at the speed of “Buzz Light Year”, moving quickly to get those magical memories is a must.
All morning sessions have been booked. The following times are still available for both September 7 and 8:
- 3:00 p.m.
- 4:00 p.m.
- 5:00 p.m.
- 6:00 p.m.
These shoots will be booked on a first come, first serve.
Each of the spots will be $200 for up to a family of 4. It will be an additional $20 per person after 4.
- A 45 minute shoot at the most magical place on earth, Disney’s Magic Kingdom (park entrance and accommodations NOT included)
- Up to a family of 4 ($20 per person after 4)
- All best high-resolution retouched images (Approx. 25-40 images)
- A complimentary 8×10 metallic print of your choice from the shoot
Booking your extra magical mini…
Email email@example.com after reading this entire post with your time preference. The entire amount of the mini is due at booking and is non-refundable nor can it be transferred to any other shoot.
Expectations on editing…
Before booking your session, I want to make sure the editing expectations are clear on both ends. Over the years, I’ve been able to get pretty creative with editing and removing objects from my images. I still have A LOT to learn so I want to make sure you have realistic expectations.
I cannot remove crowds of people. There is difference between one person walking really far behind your shot and me being able to remove him or her and a crowd of 100 people behind you. I will do my very best to scout the park for that perfect location(s) that has great lighting and is less crowded. I’m sure there will be spots with people. It’s inevitable with Disney.
As we get closer, I will discuss meeting instructions on where to meet. This is one of the biggest logistics issues with Disney. It takes you like 5 modes of transportation to even enter the park, not including crowd delays (if any) or let’s face it sensory overload and distractions not only for kiddies but for adults. I’m guilty of it!
With that being said, when we confirm a time, you absolutely & positively must arrive to the meeting location 15-20 minutes before the scheduled time. It is your responsibility to arrive on time. If you arrive late, only the remaining amount of time (should there be any left) will be applied towards your shoot. No exceptions. I know it might be hard herding your kiddos past the balloons and ice cream carts but for these sessions especially, “timing is everything!”
Responsibility of other costs…
The price of this shoot is only for the photographic services I provide and does not include the park ticket or any other accommodations. You are fully responsible for planning and paying for your weekend or week getaway, so please plan your Disney stay before hand and make sure you have it all sorted out. As I mentioned before, you will not be refunded your money once you book, so if you at last minute decide not to go, I cannot offer a refund not transfer any funds to any other of my services.
As you can imagine, characters always have long lines so we cannot shoot any of the shots with any of the characters in the park.
Should you have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I really hope to see more of you real soon!